I promised a while back to post my peanut butter cup recipe and I really slacked off. Please forgive me Actually it’s my mom’s recipe and who knows where she got it? I made these for Wesley’s birthday party and everyone loved them. You won’t want to eat Reese’s PB Cups once you try these! Note: Go to the bottom of this post to find out about my latest giveaway.
Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 giant Hershey chocolate bar (7 oz.)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter + extra for the filling
- paper baking cups (I prefer the mini ones)
- Fill a cookie sheet paper baking cups.
- Slowly melt chocolate, butter and peanut butter in a pot over medium low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour a small amount of chocolate mixture into the bottom of each cup, about 1/4 of the way up. *Use just under half of the mix for this step and save the rest for Step 5.
- Put a little dollop of peanut butter in the center of each cup and put the cookie sheet into the fridge for 15 minutes to cool.
- Cover the tops of each cup with the leftover chocolate mixture. You may need to melt it down a bit on the stove.
- Put the cookie sheet back in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Try not to devour all of these bad boys in one sitting. Save some for the rest of the family.
Now on to the giveaway! My friend Debra Murray works with the famous chef and restaurateur, Wolfgang Puck on the Home Shopping Network. She’s the woman on air with him who’s always keeping him in line and sharing recipes. Debbie’s always bringing me his wonderful pots, pans, appliances, knives, convection ovens, etc. and I LOVE them ALL!
She recently gave me a Wolfgang Puck Infrared Burner to give to one of my fabulous readers–that’s you! I do not own one myself so I can’t tell you much about it, but who’s going to turn down free stuff? Not you! Just click on the link above and it will take you to HSN.com to see what it does and what people like about it. This would be a great item to have when you run out of stove top space or if you need to cook without a stove. You could also use it on a buffet to keep your dish warm.
So here’s how to enter. You may enter up to 4 times and I hope you do!
- Leave a comment sharing your favorite hot dish to bring to a party. (mandatory)
- Like Cooking with Deb on Facebook and leave a comment saying you did or already do.
- Like Jenn Likes It on Facebook and leave a comment saying you did or already do.
- Follow me on Twitter @Jenn_Pants and tweet about this event. You must of course share the link to this post in the tweet. I recommend shortening it with bit.ly.
I will choose the winner using Random.org on Tuesday, February 1st at 10:00 p.m. EST. I will contact the winner via email, so make sure you leave me with one you check often so I don’t have to chose another winner. Good luck!